Tuesday, February 23, 2010

BIG News!!!!

Okay, so I can finally share some of our news! Bailey is here!!!! Now before you start wondering who Bailey is, I will totally explain. I wanted to share this with everyone so that when you see us or hang out with us we won't have to go through the whole long story right there in front of her. But I don't think she really minds. I just get a little winded afterwards! ;)
So, Bailey is technically my first cousin. Her mom was my mom's sister. My aunt Jennifer passed away when she Bailey was four and since her father was unable to care for her my mother got custody of four year old Bailey. At the time I was 14 and lived with my father (parents were divorced). Well, if we fast forward to today, Bailey is 12 (going on 23). Bailey hass become my little sister over the past eight years. She has looked up to me and my sister, Leah. So we have tried to help here and there but not living with my mother we didn't have a whole lot of contact. Bailey has come to stay with me and Josh from time to time and we tried to spoil her and do fun things like ice-skating and basketball and just fun stuff a kid would like to do.
Now, there is a lot more to this story that I don't want to share but know things didn't go as smooth as they sound. Well, last friday Josh and I got custody of Bailey. She has been down here for 5 days and things are going great! I could not be more happier with the her living with us. I know things are going to get hard and she will eventually try us and push buttons but all I want for her is to have a safe enviroment to live in and to have a chance at going to college and making something of herself. SHe's a bright kid and has the biggest heart. She has just never been given a chance. Well, I hope you keep us in your prayers as we venture through this crazy journey. Pray that we have patience and knowledge and strength to do this.
Bailey hasn't had the easiest life by any means and she deserves the world. I hope everyone gets to meet her! We are just so excited and proud to have Bailey here!
I hope to use this personal blog of mine to vent or share information I come upon. I come from a blended family and now I hhave one of my own. So, if anyone out there is having troubles with there family and want to ask questions please feel free. I am no expert but I will try my best! I will let everyone know how things are going through here! So stay tuned!!! Until then..... Keep Livin Keep Lovin' Keep Laughin'

No comments:

Post a Comment